POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Uninstall doesn't remove registry entries : Re: Uninstall doesn't remove registry entries Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uninstall doesn't remove registry entries
From: Chris Cason
Date: 23 Sep 2001 14:12:04
Message: <3bae25f4@news.povray.org>
"Glen Berry" <7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote in message
> These folders both contain several registry keys, left over from my
> uninstalled copy POV 3.5. Shouldn't these have been erased by the
> uninstall procedure?

Unfortunately I don't have any control over the uninstaller (I think). It will
only remove entries created by the installer. However, most of the registry
entries (particularly now with beta 3) are created when you run the program for
the first time, so the installer never gets to know about it.

I'll see if I can find a way around this, though I doubt it (now that beta 3 has
the ability to automatically create its own registry setup for a new user on a
W2K or XP system, so it could in theory be installed in half a dozen other user
accounts, and I can't make it search all of them).

-- Chris